The Bridal Bun: Lover.ly
We’ve been planning our dream weddings since we were five years old. So it’s no surprise that we can’t get enough of Lover.ly, a wedding inspiration site that lets you search through pics of swoon-worthy gowns, bouquets, and everything else you need for the big day. Once a week, the ladies behind Lover.ly will be sharing their best tips for getting through the craziness of the season—whether you’re standing at the altar or enjoying a view of it from the audience.
When it comes to wedding hairstyles, our current favorite is the bun. It’s such a classic look, but still feels fresh when paired with today’s bridal styles. Anyone can master this no-fuss look and it works for brides, bridesmaids, and guests. Here are our favorite versions from Lover.ly:
1. From the feathered bolero to the smoky eyes, this Black Swan-esque look brings the drama and is so glamorous. (Bridal Musings via Lover.ly)
2. This blonde bride is rocking the sock bun and it looks absolutely elegant. (Jessica May Photography on Equally Wed via Lover.ly)
3. We love an easy DIY bun like this for a chic courthouse ceremony or elopement. (Allyson Magda on Inspired By This via Lover.ly)
4. This look is sweet for summer weddings and (bonus!) keeps your hair off your neck and face for those warmer days. (Ash & James Photography on Ash & James Photography via Lover.ly)
5. We love the idea of a high bun for your entire bridal party! It helps create a more coordinated look that doesn’t draw attention away from the bride. (Jonathan Wherrett on Polka Dot Bride via Lover.ly)
Ready to start practicing your bun for all your upcoming events? Make sure it stays in place with TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray.
Want more wedding inspiration?